In the system settings, you can specify whether the main contact person and the main company should automatically be added to an order that is being created. If “No” is specified, the above-mentioned values can be selected manually in the order.
The settings also allow you to display specific corporate customer fields in the order and customer cards. That is, you can select which fields are to be displayed in the card of a corporate customer.
How to configure access to the "Corporate customers" section
Different user groups can be restricted from, or limited to, working with orders from corporate customers. These settings are located in the "User groups", under the "Rights" block ("Corporate customers" and "Orders of corporate customers" sections, respectively).
Migration of existing customers to corporate customers
To activate corporate customers, click on the corresponding button in the "Customers" tab, in the system settings.
Before enabling the corporate customers function, the system will automatically convert the current customers to corporate ones.
Data migration is launched only after the corporate customers functionality is enabled. In new systems the corporate customers functionality is enabled by default.
Which customers participate in the migration?
The migration is carried out for customers with contractor types such as “Legal entity” or “Individual entrepreneur”, as well as for customers with the “Private individual” contractor type but who have orders for a legal entity.
Please note that customer migration is an irreversible operation.
After enabling the setting, the migration will be started automatically at 00:00 of the following day.
What happens to the system during the migration?
If the migration is successful, all customers with legal and bank details or with the “Legal entity”/”Individual entrepreneur” type will be converted to corporate customers. At the same time:
- During the migration process it will not be possible to edit customers.
- The customer type will be changed to “Corporate customer”. The full name of the legal entity will become the name of the corporate customer. If it is not specified, the full name of the customer will be used. All data from the customer profile (full name, gender, email, phone numbers, etc.) will be transferred as the data of the corporate customer’s contact person, with the exception of discounts and VIP/BAD marks (they will be saved for the corporate customer).
- A company will be created for each corporate customer. This company will be the main one and the details will be transferred to it. The name for the company will be taken from the “Full name” field. If this field is empty, the name for the company will be taken from the full name of the customer. If before the migration the customer came under the “Legal entity”/”Individual entrepreneur” type but the details were not filled in, the company will not be created during the migration.
- The contact person of the corporate customer will be added as the main one by default and will automatically be linked to the company if there is any.
- During the migration process the customer address will be saved for the corporate customer and named as “Main”.
- The cumulative discount of the customer will be converted to the personal one. If the personal discount is also specified, the largest of the two presented will be transferred.
- Corporate customers will be deleted from all segments.
- Custom fields for corporate customers will be created similarly to those of the customer. This means that during the migration process the custom fields of the customer that are displayed in a certain area will be moved to the same display area on the page of the corporate customer if the display area differs from “Legal details”.
- Custom fields that are displayed in the “Address” area are moved to the “Main data” area of the corporate customer.
- Custom fields of the “Checkbox (yes/no)” type are moved in all cases.
- Custom fields for companies of corporate customers will be created by analogy with those of the customer with the display area “Legal details” (these fields will be deleted for customers). If the customer does not participate in the migration, a new custom field will be created with the same name and the value but without the display area.
- All orders that were previously created for the customer will also be added to the created corporate customer. These orders will contain the data of the contact person and the company created for the corporate customer as the result of the migration.
- If a customer with the “Private individual” contractor type has an order with the “Legal entity”/”Individual entrepreneur” contractor type, they will also be converted to a corporate customer with data substitution from the order.
- If the customer has several orders with the "Legal entity"/"Individual entrepreneur" type, they will also be converted to a corporate customer with the created companies according to the order details. To avoid duplication of companies, a check is conducted via TIN and Tax Registration Reason Code (TRRC). If the Tax Registration Reason Code is not specified, the check is conducted by TIN only, and if there is no TIN, the check is conducted by Name.
- All visits, emails, SMS and calls will be attached to the created corporate customers.
- Corporate customers will retain the
externalIdof original customers
- For the customers who was converted to the corporate customers, a new entry will be added to the history which will be displayed only in API. The value of the field
- Аll customer tags are deleted during the migration process.
Orders with the “Private individual” contractor type that are already bound to the corporate customer may remain after the migration. These orders should be re-bound manually, especially those that are being processed. If the orders aren’t re-bound manually, they will not be validated and API requests will return an error that the contractor is incorrect.
There are two options for rebinding the order:
- Change the customer type from a corporate customer to regular customer/Private individual (the customer ID will be changed in this case).
- Change the contractor type in the order from private individual to legal entity or individual entrepreneur (if the order should be bound to the corporate customer).
To find similar orders, use the filters in the orders list:
- Select “Corporate customer” in the “Customer type” field.
- Select “Private individual” in the “Contractor types” field.