When segmenting by customer data, it is possible to segment and filter customers by registration date, assumed gender, VIP / BAD marks, and custom fields created for the customer.
Filter by UTM tags
The UTM tags filter allows you to segment customers by: Source (
utm_source), Medium (
utm_medium), Campaign (
utm_campaign), Content (
utm_term) and Keyword (
In addition to filtering by single UTM tags, you can also group parameters from different UTM tags.
When filtering customers by UTM tag, the selection includes customers who have been assigned these tags in their order card. In other words, filtering is carried out based on order data and not by customer data.
The “Email” filter
The “Email” filter contains a number of conditions with which you can segment customers. Let’s consider the conditions:
- Contains / Doesn’t contain - will search for an e-mail address or part of an address that contains / does not contain the value you entered. Search by partial match is possible.
- Equals - the search is performed based on a complete match of the entered value.
- Doesn’t equal - searches for all addresses (customers) that do not contain the value you entered.
- Starts with / Ends with - will search for an address (part of an address) that starts / ends with the entered value.
- Empty / Not empty - the search is performed for all customers whose “Email” field is not filled in / is filled in. Both the main field and additional ones are taken into account.
The screenshot shows an example of a filter that will search for customers with an e-mail address that contains
The "Phone" filter
The "Phone" filter contains two conditions: "Empty" and "Not empty", which work similarly to the conditions of the "Email" filter.
The "Events" filter
The goals of Google Analytics are specified in the “Events” filter. In order for them to be available in the segment, you need to add goals to the sales funnel.
- To add or hide filters, use the “Add filter” button. This is displayed in the top right corner of the added block.
- The "AND/OR" switch sets the conditions for the parameters to be fulfilled (falling under the filter): all at the same time or just one.
- The system contains fields with a choice of date range. They also include custom fields, which have value types such as “date”, “integer or fractional number”.
If you set the date 25.07-28.09 in the filter, the system will select from July 25th to September 28th of any year. If you set 2.12-3.01, the system will select the dates from December 2nd to 31st; and January 1st to the 3rd.
When selecting a relative date, it is important to keep in mind that it is counted from the moment the segment is recalculated.
For example, you need customers to be placed in a segment 3 days before their birthday. In this case, you should enter the date in the field "Birthday" (+3 days). That is, +3 days from the date of segment recalculation, the system will assume that the client will have a Birthday.
The “Included” icon (opposite the added value) indicates that this parameter is included in the selection. The “Excluded” icon indicates that this parameter is absent in the selection.
For example, say that it is necessary that a segment includes all of your customers, except for those who are located in London. To do this, add London to the segment as a filter and place the “Excluded” icon in front of it.
Before saving the filter, you can find out how many customers meet the specified conditions. To do this, click on the "Apply filters" button.